Sunday, October 28, 2007

The High School Musical Phase

My six and eight year olds are addicted High School Musical. Everytime it comes on television they are glued right there to watch it. They know every song by hard and can be seen on any given day practicing the dance moves from either the first or second movie. Don't get me wrong, I see nothing wrong with them watching High School Musical, I just don't understand why pre-teens and young girls in general go crazy over it. To me, and maybe because I am older and just don't understand kids today, but a great deal of it is boring and corny to me. No offense to the writers and stars of the show, it's making good money so carry on! I just don't understand the craze. On the other hand, I would much rather they be addicted to HSM than to some of these other programs on t.v.

That leads me to another subject, how much television is too much television for kids and do you carefully monitor what they watch? My kids are limited to no more than two hours of television during the week..no exceptions. When they are watching television, it is only the Disney channel or Nickoledeon. We started this practice a couple of years ago and actually still have the locks on all the other channels but find that we really don't need them anymore. They are perfectly content watching Disney and Nick. Under no circumstances are they allowed to watch videos...most are just too raunchy. Unfortunately for me, that means I can't watch them either...bummer!

No comments:

Adsense Search

Custom Search