Thursday, October 18, 2007

I am going to be a Grandma!

Yes, that's right, me! With a 2, 6, and 8 year old at home, I found out recently that my 22 year old daughter is pregnant and due in April. Now I must tell you that at first I was just numb. I did not know what to feel about this. You see, I still see her as that little tiny baby I brought home from the hospital 22 years ago. In my eyes she never grew up. What's worse is that she is 600 miles away, I can't even give her a hug right now and tell her how proud I am of her for the type of woman she has turned out to be. I want to tell her to keep her head up and always look forward, don't look back. But I don't want to tell her on the phone, I want to tell her in person...isn't that a little silly? Anyway, I am excited about the birth of my first grandchild. I know that I am going to spoil it rotten and have already asked her to let me keep it for a month or so...of course she said, "No". My last resort is to try and talk her and her husband into moving up here. So far, no go, but this future grandma isn't done yet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi..glad to see u. I've got something from your own blog post.that's good for me..

ohh..im a newbie and need more interaction with others.If you're not mind, feel happy to visit my blog..http://mesotheliomabestinfo.blogspot.com/2007/10/mesothelioma-needs-more-attention.html

what do you think about my post? do you have any idea...

thanks a lot :-)

Adsense Search

Custom Search