Saturday, June 21, 2008

Writing On Walls

Why do children like to write on walls? I have tons and tons of blank copy paper, tablets galore, coloring books, big easels, everything a person could dream of to draw on, yet my walls look like I live at Disney World. Most of the time, I am able to use a Magic Eraser to clean off the scribbling, however here lately it has become harder and harder to do so. At times, I have even seen the paint come off the wall from my scrubbing it. I threaten punishment, I try to hide all of the crayons, markers, and pencils, anything you can think of I have done it but to no avail.

On Super Nanny I saw an episode where she had the parents take big giant pieces of easel paper and tape them to the walls with the kids' names on them. The kids' were told that these were the only places in which they could write on the walls. On the show, it seemed to work. I'm curious, have any of you tried this? If so, did it actually work? Please let me know. If you have any other hints or tips on how to curtail this very ugly habit of my kids' please let me know that too. Thanks.

No comments:

Adsense Search

Custom Search