Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Toddler DayCare Woos

"M---o---m---m---y!!!!! N---o---o---!! M---o---m---m---y---!"

My two year old is screaming at the top of his lungs for me not to leave him. My heart is sinking and I am near tears because in all actuality, I don't want to leave him here. I feel like picking him up and running back to the Expedition and taking him back home with me. But if I do that, I would not be able to get ANY work done. Plus, he does need the companionship of kids his age. He needs to learn things like socialization and his numbers and alphabets in a structured environment. Goddard is the perfect place for that.

He has been going to Goddard now for seven months. You would think that by now he would be used to the routine and there would be no crying....NOT! For some reason I am tormented day after day with the shrilling screams he lets out as I turn and walk towards the door to exit the toddler room. Some days are so bad that I sit in my Expedition in the parking lot and cry. Some days I even tip toe back into the school and peep in the room to make sure he is alright. What's wrong with me??!! Am I crazy!!? Or am I just a wimp like my husband says I am?

If anybody out there has any tips on how to ease my torment, please let me know. I don't know how much more of this I can take!

No comments:

Adsense Search

Custom Search