Sunday, July 22, 2007

Laughing Children

There is nothing more precious to me than the sound of my children laughing together. Each time I hear it, it brings a wide smile to my lips. They truly enjoy playing with each other. The two girls (6 & 8) are finally at a point to where they don't need to depend on me or their father to keep them busy. It is very rare for me to hear my eight year old say, "I'm bored" anymore. She has her sister and her two year old little brother to occupy her time...but freely and at her own will.

I am not the kind of parent who forces their children to "not run in the house", or "stop playing in the tub"...I like to hear them have fun and as long as they are in no danger of hurting themselves or anyone else I let them carry on. I hope that one day when they are older they remember that and will think fondly of the mother who allowed them so much freedom.

Don't get me wrong, they fight and argue just like other children do...but they always make up on their own and they never stay mad for more than fifteen or twenty minutes with each other. Do they forget about what they were mad about or do they actually forgive the other person and shrug it off ? I'm not sure which...but I sure am glad they do. They don't hold grudges like grown ups do...and that is one thing that we can all take a lesson from them on.

Yes, I like to hear my children laughing, playing, and having a good time. These are the best years of their life and I want them to remember these years fondly.

1 comment:

Lindy said...

I love that sound too! It's among my favorite sounds in life and definitely in my 'Top 10'. You have great blog and I plan on stopping by often : )

P.S. I found you on blogcatalog (micpro)

Adsense Search

Custom Search